Aug 31, 2020 Here’s how to sync iCloud contacts with Outlook for Mac: On your Mac computer, create a file called “Outlook Contacts” or whatever you’d like. Assuming you already have Outlook for Mac downloaded onto your computer, open Outlook and select “People”. Select the contacts you’d like to transfer or just press “command” + “shift. To configure your Apple iCloud email account in Microsoft Outlook for Mac, follow these steps: Start Outlook for Mac. On the Tools menu, click Accounts. Click the plus (+) sign in the lower-left corner, and then select Other E-mail. Enter your E-mail Address and Password, and then click Add Account. With Outlook for Mac 2011, the first three steps are slightly different. Also, the version 2011 lets you export single contacts as individual vCard files, which means there is no need to convert. Export Outlook contacts to iCloud on Mac via Outlook.com (Need to Convert CSV to vCard). Apple's iCloud feature lets you share your calendars, contacts and tasks across your devices and Outlook. The iCloud addin for Outlook and Windows, called iCloud Control Panel, adds an additional tree of folders to Outlook, which requires you either to move all your folders to the iCloud tree or to manually copy new or edited items to iCloud whenever you need it.
Mac users usually searching for a method to export Outlook calendar to iCloud Mac,Therefore we select one of them and discussed in this write-up:
“I recently migrated from PC to Mac but I am unable to get my calendars, mail, contacts, etc. At first, I think that to use Outlook continues would be the way to go, so reinstall my Outlook for Mac. But the problem which comes is that it doesn’t sync with my iPhone. So conclude to try using Mail/Address Book/iCal only to know that I cannot export my data from Outlook in any other format than .olm, which is not readable by Apple programs. And my Outlook calendar has a crucial schedule so I really need my Outlook calendar to get my work done on time. So is there is any substitution of my problem to export Outlook Calendar to iCloud Mac. Any help will be appreciable.”
It’sat a stage that I wish my feedback was accompanied by an animated GIF (GraphicsInterchange Format). Outlook doesn’t provide an opportunity for syncingcalendar events. (one can sync contacts). That has been promised for futureOutlook update by Microsoft hasn’t declared something that when we might evenexpect that update. As you know that iCal considers the .olm archive and itsvirtual side.
Outlook For Mac Icloud Contacts
Requirements to Export Outlook Calendar to iCloud Mac?
- An Apple ID or an iTunes account an iCloud account will use the same username and password
- A Mac machine running OS X 10.7.5 or the higher version, or need a PC running Windows 7 or higher and control panel of iCloud
- Your iPhone, iPod touch or an iPad running IOS 5 or higher, and the lasted iTunes
Automated Solution to Convert Mac OLM Calendars
Themost reliable and simple solution to export Outlook calendar to iCloud Mac. This tool has many advanced features some of them are also discussedbelow:
AdditionalFeatures of the Tool
- Allow you to choose files using the add folder option.
- Permits you to save your file at your desired location.
- Support the exportation process of calendars in bulk.
- Provides a user-friendly interface.
- This tool additionally preserves the hierarchy structure throughout the process.
- Doesn’t provide any file size restriction while adding a large size OLM file.
Steps to Export Outlook Calendar to iCloud Mac
- Download and install Mac OLM Converter tool
- Click on Add file/ Add Folder button to add your OLM file
- Browse the OLM file that contains calendars
- Choose the ICS format to move all your calendars in .ics format
- Select the destination folder of your resultant file
- Click on the Export button to start the process
Usingthe above method user can easily export calendars to ICS, EML, PDF, and otherfile formats.
Manual Method to Export Outlook Calendar to iCloud on Mac
Follow the upcoming steps to export Outlook Calendar to iCloud Mac manually.
- Open the iCloud control panel on your system.
Note: Mac users, please startthe iCloud preference panel.
- Check the checkbox of calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. you can also uncheck the other boxes if you don’t want to export them. Then hit the Apply button
Attention: All your data ofOutlook including Contacts, calendars, mail, etc are synced in iCloud then readthe further steps for exporting selective data from Outlook:
Theabove method only enables you to move the data from iCloud, but if you want toexport some calendars from Outlook to iCloud. You need to go iCloud.com toupload your Outlook calendars to export them in iCloud.
- Open Outlook on your Machine, go to Calendars and drag the calendars on your desktop
- Open a Web browser on your computer. Click the Setting tab on the left side, select CSV. Then choose the specific calendars to backup Outlook contacts to iCloud
Limitationof the Manual Method
- The manual method is a lengthy method and time-consuming.
- The method needs technical assistance.
- Does not enable you to convert calendars in bulk you need to follow the whole process for every calendar.
In this article we have discussed two methods of one can export Outlook calendar to iCloud Mac. We also give you the best solution to perform the conversion without any inconvenience you can also use this same tool to export Outlook 2011 contacts to Mac address book. One can try any of the above methods to execute the process but we advise you to choose the automated solution because the manual method has many consequences which are also discussed above and the automated tool does not require any technical assistance.-->
Original KB number: 2648915
This article contains information about the compatibility of Microsoft Outlook for Mac and Apple iCloud.
Outlook for Mac does not support Apple iCloud calendar (CalDAV) and contact (CardDAV) synchronization.
Outlook for Mac does support iCloud Mail. For steps on how to configure your iCloud email account in Outlook for Mac, go to the More Information section of this article.
To configure your Apple iCloud email account in Microsoft Outlook for Mac, follow these steps:
Sync Icloud And Outlook Contacts
Start Outlook for Mac.
On the Tools menu, select Accounts.
Select the plus (+) sign in the lower-left corner, and then select Other E-mail.
Enter your E-mail Address and Password, and then select Add Account.
The new account will appear in the left navigation pane of the Accounts dialog box. The Server Information may be automatically entered. If not, follow the remaining steps to enter this information manually.
Enter one of the following in the Incoming server box:
Select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Incoming server box.
Enter one of the following in the Outgoing server box:
Select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Outgoing server box.
Select Override default port under the Outgoing server box, and then enter 587 in the Outgoing server port text box.
After you have entered the incoming and outgoing server information, Outlook for Mac will start to receive your email messages.
Outlook For Mac And Icloud Free
You can select Advanced to enter additional settings, such as leaving a copy of each message on the server.