MWM Gas Engines and Gensets – Output. For Your Success. MWM’s product portfolio comprises gas engines and gensets in the output range from 400 kWel to 4,500 kW el.In this way, it is possible to set up power plants with an output of up to 100,000 kW el and more. The gas engines can be operated with various types of gas, such as natural gas, shale gas, mine gas, biogas. Deutz manufactures diesel engines for use in mobile machinery, mining machinery, gensets, airport equipment and other areas. The broad assortment of engines are available in various formats, e.g. Air-cooled, water-cooled or oil-cooled, in sizes from 18 kW to 620 kW. MWM manufactures large gas and diesel engines from 400 kW to 4,500 kW. To get 43mpg in a suburban you'd have to be pushing it 50% of the time. MWM has been part of several different groups, they do a 2.8 diesel based on the old landrover 2.5L TDI, a 3.9 which is similar bore/stroke to the Isuzu 4BD1T and cummins 4BT. Unfortunately their website seems to be having issues. B DEUTZ MWM Diesel Engine 226B Operation and Maintenance Manual. DEUTZ MWM Diesel Engine 226 Workshop Manual. Additional Service and Repair Instructions. DEUTZ 232 engines 180071 TD 232 V-6 DEUTZ Diesel Engine TD232 V-6 Spare parts Catalog. DEUTZ 234 engines 180081 TBD 234 V12 DEUTZ Diesel Engine TBD234 V12 Spare parts Catalog.
Mwm Murphy Diesel Engines
—Detailed Literature Available— The trade name Deutz MWM not only represents medium and large diesel engines for the marine market, but also compact, high-speed units covering lower power ranges.
The range of Deutz MWM passenger boat propulsion engines includes extremely compact, highand medium-speed diesel units.
These engines are light weight, compact and smooth-running, combining fuel economy and environmental compatibility. Four engine series are available covering a power range from 20 to 3,470 kw (27 to 4,720 hp).
The lower end of the power range, 20 to 150 kw (27-204 hp), is represented by the 226B Series engines.
They are available in two-, three-, four- and six-cylinder versions, whose maximum cylinder power is between 18 and 25 kw, depending on whether the engine is a naturally aspirated or turbocharged unit with or without charge air cooling. The diesels are rated for speeds between 1,500 and 2,500 rpm.
Powers up to 1,800 kw (2,448 hp) are covered by twin-engine installations consisting of 234 Series engines rated for 100 to 900 kw (136 to 1,224 hp) each at speeds between 1,500 and 2,300 rpm. The 234 Series includes engines in Vee configurations with six, eight, 12 and 16 cylinders.
Their best weight per unit power value in maritime duty is as low as 2.5 kg/kw (1.84 kg/hp), while the power per unit volume is around 400 kw/cu.m (544 hp/cu.m).
The compact series 604B highspeed engines represent the next higher power class, with ratings up to 4,000 kw (5,440 hp). Introduced in 1985, these engines have performed very well, particularly as propulsion units for fast ships.
Mwm Sprint Diesel Engines
Their power range extends from 420 to 1,935 kw (570 to 2,630 hp) at speeds from 1,000 to 1,800 rpm. The optimal fuel consumption is as low as 190 g/kwh (140 g/hph). A simple throttle-plate control provides for optimal intake-air supply of the four-valve cylinder heads, thus ensuring clean fuel-efficient combustion over a wide speed range, even under part-load condition.
For passenger boat propulsion, the Deutz MWM product line is topped by medium-speed diesel engines highlighted by economy and smooth-running characteristics.
For example, more than 1,000 628 Series engines have been sold, with about 60 percent of these for marine main propulsion or auxiliary sets.
The current power range covered by the 628 Series, which are offered in six-, eight-and nine-cylinder in-line versions and 12- and 16-cylinder Vtypes, extends from 755 to 3,470 kw (1,027 to 4,720 hp) at speeds from 720 to 1,000 rpm.
For free literature detailing the features and applications of the full line of Deutz MWM diesel engines, C i r c l e 10 o n Reader Service Card
Read Deutz MWM Diesel Engine Series Offer Distinct Advantages For Passenger Boat Propulsion in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of April 1988 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from April 1988 issue
Mwm Murphy Diesel Engines
- MHI Delivers Newest Tanker For Chevron Fleetpage: 5
- New Nirex Freshwater Distiller And Ice Machine From Alfa-Lavalpage: 6
- Repower With Cummins NTA-855-Ms Gives Pushboat A New Lifepage: 7
- System Expansion For WLO Radiopage: 7
- Penn Ship Names Veteran Shipbuilder Grandin Vought Operations Vice Presidentpage: 7
- Krupp Atlas Elektronik Navaidspage: 8
- A.S.N.E. DAY '88 A CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONpage: 10
- Aeroquip Offers Free Hose Line Training Bulletinpage: 19
- Woodward Governor Forms International Operations Divisionpage: 20
- Moss Point Marine Delivers First Of Two Navy Landing Craftpage: 21
- Six-Patrol-Boat 'Package' Completed By Halter Marine For Ecuadoran Navypage: 22
- Two New Low-Cost Products From Furuno: Temperature Sensor, And Net Sounderpage: 22
- OTC-'88 20th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL PREVIEWpage: 24
- Astilleros Espanoles Yards Report Full Orderbooks Well Into 1989page: 50
- New 52-Page Catalog On Lighting Offered By Aqua Signalpage: 51
- Radio Holland USA Opens New Service Centerspage: 51
- Halter Converts Supply Boat To Crabber/Processor In 90 Dayspage: 52
- POSITION/LIMIT SENSING SOLUTIONS IN HARSH ENVIRONMENTSpage: 54
- Ingalls Shipbuilding Awarded $769-Million Navy Contract To Build Four Aegis Cruiserspage: 56
- Riedel International Announces Key Promotionspage: 56
- Halter Marine Converts Crewboat For Fisheries Patrol Servicepage: 57
- Skipperliner Shipyards Delivers Cummins-Powered Passenger Vesselpage: 58
- Schaffran Offers Advanced, Compact Controllable Pitch Propellerpage: 59
- Port of Genoa Attracts New Container Business Under Innovative Leadershippage: 60
- Perkins Marketing Light Marine Engines As Power Prestige Linepage: 61
- Literature Offered On Marine Cross Reference Data Base Compact Discpage: 61
- Datamarine's ^Chartlink' Adds New Dimension To Loran/Satnav Navigationpage: 62
- Caterpillar Announces 1.1 -Liter Family Of Marine Diesel Enginespage: 62
- Robertson-Shipmate's Multi-Station Commercial VHF Radiotelephone Now Approved For Use In U.S.page: 64
- Reiss Purchases Rexnord Defense Systems —Renamed TANO Corp.page: 65
- Free Literature Offered On Full Line Of Steering Gears From Tenf jordpage: 65
- Academy Chief Elected To ASNEpage: 66
- Deutz MWM Diesel Engine Series Offer Distinct Advantages For Passenger Boat Propulsionpage: 66
- Seaward International Supplies Large Fleet Mooring Buoys To Navy For Use In Pacific Islandspage: 69
- SASMEX '88 To Be Held April 26-28 In Londonpage: 70
- Hyundai Heavy Industries To Build Ethylene Carrierspage: 72
- MAN B&W's New 2 8 / 3 2 A Diesel: Improved Fuel Economy With Same Reliabilitypage: 73
- Fluid Energy Launches 64-Foot Passenger Submarinepage: 78