🤖 Requires Streaming Devices:
Chromecast 1, 2, and Ultra HD 4K
Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
Apple TV Airplay (4th gen) tvOS 10.2+
Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick
Xbox One, Xbox 360
Google Cast receivers
👍 Free Features:
- Cast to TV, video, music, or photos
- Cast web videos found online from websites
- Stream to TV from local files on phone to Chromecast or compatible devices
- Only 2 items in queue at a time
- Only 1 bookmark at a time
- Play history
- Searching of videos on any websites
- Block popups per website
*Free features are ads-supported. Premium features can be used by watching video ads.
⭐Pro Premium Features:
- Removes advertisements
- Subtitles (only Chromecast for now)
- Custom themes
- More than 2 videos in queue
- More than 1 bookmarks
- Set home page
- Sync across devices
🙉 This app works best with Google Chromecast and Google Cast receivers. Users may experience limited functionalities with other casting receivers.
This is not a phone screen mirroring/sharing app.
Cast videos and music from web browser to TV.
Also cast local movies and musics found on your phone/tablet to TV with compatible streaming devices.
1. Use the app's browser to navigate to a website.
2. The browser will try to find any playable video/audio on that site.
3. Then play it locally on the Phone/Tablet, or cast to TV with Chromecast or one of the compatible streaming receivers.
JPG, PNG images
HLS Live Streaming
Some iptv m3u8 urls
4K and HD where available
Limitations of Some Streaming Receivers
Apple TV AirPlay: Battery Optimization must be disabled for Android 6.0 Marshmallow and up, local cast of audio and photo not supported. MKV files not supported. Some urls formats not supported.
Amazon Fire TV: some video formats not supported.
Roku Sticks: no video resuming/scrubbing, no audio streaming, some file formats not supported.
The following streaming devices and Smart TVs are in BETA support, so please do not expect them to work as good as Chromecast: DLNA devices, Android TV, Xbox One & 360, WebOS, Netcast
Some Smart TVs have Google Chromecast app (or DLNA) built-in:
according to this: https://www.google.com/chromecast/built-in/tv/
they include: Vizio, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Philips, Polaroid, Skyworth, Soniq
If you have any of those models, please check if it has one of the streaming receivers to see if it's compatible to cast to TV.
***Castify does not modify, download, or transcode the video sources. It only sends the original source to your streaming receivers. The app does not hosts any content. Therefore the compatibility and availability of the videos are dependent on the source websites themselves.
-This app only casts from websites that uses public format. Proprietary video formats such as Amazon Prime Video, Direct TV, YouTube, etc...will not work so please use their respective official apps for casting to TV.
-If a video is not playing or a disconnection occurs, it could be several reasons:
1. The ISP(Internet Service Provider)
2. The source website itself
3. Insufficient WIFI signal strength
-Ensure your WIFI connection is stable and on the same network. Casting to TV requires a good internet connection.
-Most connection problems can be resolved by restarting the streaming receiver and phone/tablet.
-Open the url in the System Browser to ensure the source and site is working properly there.
-Flash websites are not supported by streaming device manufacturers.
6- In the new window with the second Google account, install the Google Cast (beta) extension. 7- You can now cast to 4 TVs using the two cast buttons in the first Chrome window, and two cast buttons in the second Chrome window. Frequently Asked Questions. Will I need a Chromecast for each TV? The 2.6.1 version of Mirror for Chromecast for Mac is available as a free download on our software library. The current installation package available for download occupies 18.3 MB on disk. Mirror for Chromecast for Mac lies within Lifestyle Tools, more precisely Entertainment. This software for Mac OS X was originally created by AirBeamTV BV.
Open “Cast to TV” and connect to Chromecast/ Android TV or other TV assist devices. After connect successfully with Cast TV screen receiver, the app is now ready to use: You can cast image, video from Gallery Library or any video you love. Especially, you can screen reflector for smart TV to streaming and allshare cast. Trusted Mac download Mirror for Chromecast 2.6.1. Virus-free and 100% clean download. Get Mirror for Chromecast alternative downloads.
Last Updated on February 17, 2021 by
Application to mirror the screen and audio of your Mac to a Chromecast 1, 2 or Ultra. You can also stream individual video files from your Mac to your TV. Also, we included the option to watch one window on your Mac, and another window on your TV!
When using this app with a Chromecast 1, the Screen Mirroring will start about 30 seconds after you start mirroring, please wait during this startup time. Chromecast 2 and Ultra are much faster to start.
In using the app, there will be a about 2 to 3 seconds of latency (lag). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
The quality of your experience will be dependent on the quality of your local network. Some tips to enhance the experience:
1. Restart your router. Just take out the power plug, wait 10 seconds and put it back in. This resets your router and will make your home network faster and more stable. Why this works? Routers are in essence little computers, with software. Software will have small memory leaks and some processes will stop working correctly over time. That’s why it is a good idea to reset your router once in a while. Our recommendation: once a week.
2. Don’t do network intense work while screen mirroring. As explained, screen mirroring is network intense. For the best performance, don’t do other network intense work at the same time. This includes making timemachine backups over the network and uploading/downloading large files from the internet while screen mirroring.
3. Put your Mac and your Chromecast on the same router channel. Some routers (dual band) have create both a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz wireless network. For the best performance, put your Mac and your TV on the same network. Preferably the 5Ghz network. But definitely not the Mac on 5Ghz and the TV on 2.4Ghz, because that will negatively impact the performance of screen mirroring.
4. Use an AC or N router. Newer routers support Wifi AC and N. Older routers might only have Wifi B and/or G. B and G are not really up to scratch anymore for modern networking tasks, so go for an AC or N router. If your router supports AC and N, also make sure that your router is set to use either the Wifi N or Wifi AC networking.
How the app works:
First, make sure that your Chromecast is on the same local network and same subnet as your Mac. After launching the app, you will see the app icon appearing in the top bar of your Mac and the app will look for your Chromecast on the network. It will show your Chromecast when it has found it. Now, you have two options:
Mirror your Mac Screen:
Mirror For Chromecast 2 6 16
Use this option to put the screen of your Mac on TV. In source, you can select which screen (or attached monitor) you want to display on TV. If you are running multiple applications on your Mac, you can also select which application window you want to see on TV.
Enable Sound: check this to hear the sound of your Mac coming from the TV. You will need the additional (free) audio driver, which you can download here: http://bit.ly/MirrorAudio
Play Video File:
Use this option if you have a video file on your Mac and you want to play just the file on TV. Drop it in the box and it will play on TV.
Mirror For Chrome Cast 2 6 10
Settings (the icon in the bottom right of the app): click here to request support from our 24/7 support staff. They usually respond within 2 hours on any query that you might have. If your question is technical, please also include the diagnostics information.
Limitations: Apple has HDCP DRM protection for playing iTunes movies. This means that screen mirroring is not possible when watching movies from iTunes.
When you like the app, please don’t forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]